Diane's Homemade Pimento Cheese

16 oz. shredded cheddar cheese, or any style (I use 3 cheese blend)
4 oz. jar diced pimento; do not drain
(size of the jar may vary according to brand; add more or less to your taste)
1-2 cups Miracle Whip salad dressing, or mayonnaise
2 tablespoons sugar or artificial sweetener, or to taste
2 tablespoons white vinegar


In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except salad dressing or mayonnaise. Add salad dressing or mayonnaise until it reaches the consistency you like. Cover tightly and refrigerate for several hours to allow flavors to blend. Serve as sandwich filling. Yields approximately 4 cups pimento cheese.

3 comments:

Granny Annie said...

Yes this sounds exactly like what mother made. I'm sure she used Miracle whip instead of mayonnaise but I'm not sure if I should. My family is used to Mayo. However if I want it to taste like mother's I better use Miracle Whip.

Taylor (FB) said...

What is Pimento and whats the closest thing to it if I can't get it.

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Pimento is a bottled red pepper. If you can't find that, you may be able to find roasted red peppers in a jar, which will be pretty close to the flavor of pimentos. Just dice them up if you have to use the roasted red peppers. Peppers equal capsicums if that helps. :o)

Di