BAKED CHICKEN AND BROCCOLI TORTELLINI ALFREDO


 

24 oz. package of cheese stuffed tortellini 
2 - 12.5 oz cans chunk chicken breast in water*
1 - 8 oz. package cream cheese
1 - 14.5 - 16 oz. jar of Alfredo sauce 
12 oz. frozen broccoli florets
6 oz. finely shredded Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 400F degrees. 

I used the steam in the bag broccoli and cooked them half the suggested time. It will finish cooking in the oven; set bag aside.

In a stove top Dutch oven I poured both cans of chicken (did not drain), Alfredo sauce, and cream cheese and heated until melted together. I rinsed the Alfredo can with a tad bit of warm water. As soon as this was melted together, I added tortellini and heated until boiling. I poured half the mixture into a casserole dish, added the broccoli and half the cheese, then added the rest from the Dutch oven and topped with the remaining cheese. I cooked for about 30 minutes until the Parmesan cheese was nice and brown. This was a very satisfying dinner and yields 6 large portions.

*If you would like to lower the sodium, check your chicken cans and get the low sodium.

 

0 comments: