CROCKPOT CHICKEN AND DRESSING

CROCK-POT DRESSING


1 pan cornbread, crumbled (I use a 9-inch cast iron skillet)
¼ cup chopped celery
6-8 slices bread, toasted, torn into pieces
2 cans cream of chicken soup, undiluted
4 eggs
2 cans chicken broth or 3 cups broth from cooking chicken
1 onion, chopped
1 tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
1 ½ tsp. sage
2 tbsp. margarine
1 small frying chicken, cut up-
Or- 3 large chicken breasts

Boil chicken; reserve broth. Let chicken cool; bone and discard skin, fat and gristle. Tear into bite-size pieces. In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients except chicken. Add chicken and mix gently. Add to crock-pot and cover; cook on low 6 hour or high 4 hours. More of the reserved broth may be added as needed to moisten as desired.

I love this, and it always turns out great for me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love to find new receipes, so I am absolutely thrilled to have stumbled upon your site from the jewelry drawing ;)

John and Lisa said...

This sounds so yummy and comforting! Thanks for sharing.
Lisa

Lucy Stern said...

OK Diane, I printed the recipe and saved it online... This sounds wonderful, can't wait to try it.